(1) In engineering, the monitoring of system output to compare with expected output and taking corrective action when the actual output does not match the expected output. (ISO/IEC 2010)
(2) In engineering, the monitoring of system output to compare with expected output and taking corrective action when the actual output does not match the expected output. (ISO/IEC 2010)
(3) Comparing actual performance with planned performance, analyzing variances, assessing trends to effect process improvements, evaluating possible alternatives, and recommending appropriate corrective action as needed. (PMI 2008)
(4) In an IDEF0 model, a condition or set of conditions required for a function to produce correct output. (IEEE 1998)
(5) In risk management, the formal name for the mitigation risk handling option. (DAU 2003a)
(1) and (2) ISO/IEC/IEEE. 2010. Systems and Software Engineering -- Vocabulary (SEVocab) Geneva, Switzerland: International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)/Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE) 2009 ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765:2010 [database online]. Available from http://pascal.computer.org/sev_display/index.action.
(3) PMI. 2008. A Guide to the Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK® Guide), 4th ed. Newtown Square, PA, USA: Project Management Institute (PMI).
(4) IEEE. 1998. IEEE Standard for Conceptual Modeling Language Syntax and Semantics for IDEF1X97 (IDEFobject). Institute for Electrical and Electronic Engineers (IEEE). IEEE 1320.2-1998 (R2004)
(5) DAU. 2003. Risk Management Guide for DoD Acquisition. Fifth Edition. Version 2. Ft. Belvoir, VA, USA: Defense Acquisition University (DAU) Press.