Strategic IT Portfolio Management: Governing Enterprise Transformation
Kaplan, J. 2009. Strategic IT Portfolio Management: Governing Enterprise Transformation. Waltham, MA, USA: Pittiglio, Rabin, Todd & McGrath, Inc. (PRTM).
This source is considered a primary reference for the Enterprise Capability Management article.
Written for executives from all disciplines, the book highlights many of the root causes of the information technology (IT) value dilemma and explains how executives can prevent and counter these issues by better managing their organization and the way the organization makes investment decisions.
Readers will learn the portfolio management method essential to achieving value from IT assets. The book provides executives with the tools to:
- Understand and improve existing practices
- Design a governance structure with appropriate decision rights
- Ensure centralized control with decentralized execution
- Increase collaboration between business-unit and IT leadership
- Instill a culture of continuous improvement and innovation