Operational Scenario (glossary)
(1) Description of an imagined sequence of events that includes the interaction of the product or service with its environment and users, as well as interaction among its product or service components.(ISO/IEC 2011)
(2) A set of actions or functions representing the dynamic of exchanges between the functions allowing the system to achieve a mission or a service.(Created for SEBoK)
(3) Stories which describe the expected utilization of the future system in terms of actions.(Created for SEBoK)
(1) ISO/IEC/IEEE. 2011. Systems and software engineering - Requirements engineering. Geneva, Switzerland: International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission/ Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE), (IEC), ISO/IEC/IEEE 29148.
(2) and (3) These definitions were developed for the SEBoK.
Operational scenarios are used to evaluate the requirements and design of the system and to verify and validate the system.
Please provide your comments and feedback on the SEBoK below. You will need to log in to DISQUS using an existing account (e.g. Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) or create a DISQUS account. Simply type your comment in the text field below and DISQUS will guide you through the login or registration steps. Feedback will be archived and used for future updates to the SEBoK. If you provided a comment that is no longer listed, that comment has been adjudicated. You can view adjudication for comments submitted prior to SEBoK v. 1.0 at SEBoK Review and Adjudication. Later comments are addressed and changes are summarized in the Letter from the Editor and Acknowledgements and Release History.
If you would like to provide edits on this article, recommend new content, or make comments on the SEBoK as a whole, please see the SEBoK Sandbox.blog comments powered by Disqus