(1) Degree to which two or more systems, products or components can exchange information and use the information that has been exchanged. (ISO/IEC 2009)
(2) The ability for two or more ORBs to cooperate to deliver requests to the proper object. (ISO/IEC 2003)
(3) The capability to communicate, execute programs, and transfer data among various functional units in a manner that requires the user to have little or no knowledge of the unique characteristics of those units. (ISO/IEC 1993)
(1) ISO/IEC/IEEE. 2009. Systems and Software Engineering - System and Software Engineering Vocabulary (SEVocab). Geneva, Switzerland: International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC)/ Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE). ISO/IEC/IEEE 24765:2009.
(2) ISO/IEC. 2003. Information technology -- Open Distributed Processing -- Part 2: General Inter-ORB Protocol (GIOP)/Internet Inter-ORB Protocol (IIOP), 3.2.19. Geneva, Switzerland: International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), ISO/IEC 19500-2:2003.
(3) ISO/IEC. 1993. Information technology--Vocabulary--Part 1: Fundamental terms. Geneva, Switzerland: International Organization for Standardization (ISO)/International Electrotechnical Commission (IEC), ISO/IEC 2382-1:1993.
Please provide your comments and feedback on the SEBoK below. You will need to log in to DISQUS using an existing account (e.g. Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) or create a DISQUS account. Simply type your comment in the text field below and DISQUS will guide you through the login or registration steps. Feedback will be archived and used for future updates to the SEBoK. If you provided a comment that is no longer listed, that comment has been adjudicated. You can view adjudication for comments submitted prior to SEBoK v. 1.0 at SEBoK Review and Adjudication. Later comments are addressed and changes are summarized in the Letter from the Editor and Acknowledgements and Release History.
If you would like to provide edits on this article, recommend new content, or make comments on the SEBoK as a whole, please see the SEBoK Sandbox.blog comments powered by Disqus