Acknowledgements and Release History
This article describes the contributors to the current version of the SEBoK. For information on contributors to past versions of the SEBoK, please follow the links under "SEBoK Release History" below. To learn more about the updates to the SEBoK for v. 1.6, please see the Letter from the Editor.
The SEBoK is shaped by the BKCASE Editorial Board and is overseen by the BKCASE Governing Board. A complete list of members for each of these bodies can be found on the BKCASE Governance and Editorial Board page.
Content and Feature Updates for 1.6
This is a minor update, that features a reorganization of Part 1 SEBoK Introduction, a new article on the Transition towards Model Based Systems Engineering and a new article giving an overview of Healthcare Systems Engineering, a restructure of the Systems Engineering and Specialty Engineering KA, as well as a number of corrections of typos and formatting across the SEBoK.
For more information about this release please refer to Version 1.6.
SEBoK Release History
There have been 16 releases of the SEBoK to date, collected into 6 main releases.
- Version 1.0 - The first version intended for broad use.
- Version 1.1 - A minor update that made modest content improvements.
- Version 1.2 - A minor update, including two new articles and revision of several existing articles.
- Version 1.3 - A minor update, including three new case studies, a new use case, updates to several existing articles, and updates to references.
- Version 1.4 - A minor update, including changes related to ISO/IEC/IEEE 15288:2015 standard, three new case studies and updates to a number of articles.
- Version 1.5 - A minor update, including a restructure and extension of the Software Engineering Knowledge Area, two new case studies, and a number of corrections of typographical errors and updates of outdated references throughout the SEBoK.
- Version 1.6 - Current Version
Click on the links above to read more information about each release.
16 development releases preceded this production release:
- Version 0.25 on September 15, 2010
- Version 0.5 on September 19, 2011
- Version 0.75 on March 15, 2012
- Version 1.0 on September 14, 2012
- Version 1.0.1 on November 30, 2012
- Version 1.1 on April 26, 2013
- Version 1.1.1 on June 14, 2013
- Version 1.1.2 on August 15, 2013
- Version 1.2 on November 15, 2013
- Version 1.3 on May 30, 2014
- Version 1.3.1 on December 5, 2014
- Version 1.3.2. on April 14, 2015
- Version 1.4 on June 29, 2015
- Version 1.5 on December 7, 2015
- Version 1.5.1 on December 18, 2015
- Version 1.6 on March 25, 2016
Version 0.25 was released as a PDF document for limited review. A total of 3135 comments were received on this document from 114 reviewers across 17 countries. The author team studied these comments with particular interest in feedback about content and about diversity within the community.
In January 2011, the authors agreed to move from a document-based SEBoK to a wiki-based SEBoK, and beginning with v. 0.5, the SEBoK has been available at www.sebokwiki.org. Making the transition to a wiki provided three benefits:
- easy worldwide access to the SEBoK;
- more methods for search and navigation; and
- a forum for community feedback alongside content that remains stable between versions.
For additional information, see the article on Acknowledgements and Release History.
The wiki team is responsible for maintenance of the wiki infrastructure as well as technical review of all materials prior to publication.
- Claus Ballegaard Nielsen, Cranfield University.
The wiki is currently supported by Daniel Robbins of WikiWorks.
Please provide your comments and feedback on the SEBoK below. You will need to log in to DISQUS using an existing account (e.g. Yahoo, Google, Facebook, Twitter, etc.) or create a DISQUS account. Simply type your comment in the text field below and DISQUS will guide you through the login or registration steps. Feedback will be archived and used for future updates to the SEBoK. If you provided a comment that is no longer listed, that comment has been adjudicated. You can view adjudication for comments submitted prior to SEBoK v. 1.0 at SEBoK Review and Adjudication. Later comments are addressed and changes are summarized in the Letter from the Editor and Acknowledgements and Release History.
If you would like to provide edits on this article, recommend new content, or make comments on the SEBoK as a whole, please see the SEBoK Sandbox.blog comments powered by Disqus